Coping with racism-related stressUnderstanding racism and racism-related stress
Strategies to counter the stress of racist experiences
- Anxiety Disorders Association of America
- National Institute of Mental Health
- Anxiety Treatment Australia
- Anxiety Disorders Association of Canada
- Anxiety UK
- European Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Therapies
- Brantley, Jeffrey. Calming Your Anxious Mind: How Mindfulness and Compassion Can Free You from Anxiety, Fear, and Panic, Second Edition. New Harbinger, 2007.
- Fleming, Jan, and Kocovski, Nancy. The Mindfulness and Acceptance Workbook for Social Anxiety and Shyness: Using Acceptance and Commitment Therapy to Free Yourself from Fear and Reclaim Your Life. New Harbinger, 2013.
- Forsyth, John, and Eifert, Georg. The Mindfulness and Acceptance Workbook for Anxiety: A Guide to Breaking Free from Anxiety, Phobias, and Worry Using Acceptance and Commitment Therapy. New Harbinger, 2007.
- McCurry, Christopher. Parenting Your Anxious Child with Mindfulness and Acceptance: A Powerful New Approach to Overcoming Fear, Panic, and Worry Using Acceptance and Commitment Therapy. New Harbinger, 2009.
- Orsillo, Susan, and Roemer, Lizabeth. The Mindful Way Through Anxiety: Break Free from Chronic Worry and Reclaim your Life. Guilford Press, 2011.
- Robichaud, Melissa, and Dugas, Michel. The Generalized Anxiety Disorder Workbook: A Comprehensive CBT Guide for Coping with Uncertainty, Worry, and Fear. New Harbinger, 2015.
- Semple, Randye, and Lee, Jennifer. Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy for Anxious Children: A Manual for Treating Childhood Anxiety. New Harbinger, 2011.
- Tolin, David. Face Your Fears: A Proven Plan to Beat Anxiety, Panic, Phobias, and Obsessions. Wiley, 2012.
- Wilson, Kelly, and DuFrene, Troy. Things Might Go Terribly, Horribly Wrong: A Guide to Life Liberated from Anxiety. New Harbinger, 2010.
- Center for Mindfulness in Medicine, Health Care, and Society
- Institute for Meditation and Psychotherapy
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy
- Be Mindful (UK)
- Bayda, Ezra, and Bartok, Josh. Saying Yes to Life, Even the Hard Parts. Wisdom Publications, 2005.
- Bernhard, Toni. How to Be Sick: A Buddhist-Inspired Guide for the Chronically Ill and Their Caregivers. Wisdom Publications, 2010.
- Bernhard, Toni. How to Live Well with Chronic Pain and Illness: A Mindful Guide. Wisdom Publications, 2015.
- Bernhard, Toni. How to Wake Up: A Buddhist-Inspired Guide to Navigating Joy and Sorrow. Wisdom Publications, 2013.
- Brach, Tara. Radical Acceptance. Bantam, 2004.
- Burch, Vidyamala, and Penman, Danny. You are Not Your Pain: Using Mindfulness to Relieve Pain, Reduce Stress, and Restore Well-Being – An Eight Week Program. Flatiron Books, 2015.
- Chödrön, Pema. When Things Fall Apart: Heart Advice for Difficult Times. Shambhala Publications, 2000.
- Chödrön, Pema. The Places That Scare You: A Guide to Fearlessness in Difficult Times. Shambhala Publications, 2002.
- Chödrön, Pema. Living Beautifully with Uncertainty and Change. Shambhala Publications, 2012.
- Gunaratana, Bahante. Mindfulness in Plain English, 20th Anniversary Edition. Wisdom Publications, 2011.
- Kabat-Zinn, Jon. Full Catastrophe Living: Using the Wisdom of Your Body and Mind to Face Stress, Pain, and Illness. Delta, 1990.
- Kabat-Zinn, Jon. Wherever You Go, There You Are: Mindfulness Meditation in Everyday Life. Hyperion, 1994.
- Kabat-Zinn, Myla and Jon. Everyday Blessings: The Inner Work of Mindful Parenting. Hyperion, 1997.
- Nhat Hanh, Thich. The Miracle of Mindfulness: An Introduction to the Practice of Meditation. Beacon Press, 1999.
- Nhat Hanh, Thich. Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life. Beacon Press, 1999.
- Siegel, Ronald. The Mindfulness Solution: Everyday Practice for Everyday Problems. Guilford Press, 2010.
- Stahl, Bob, and Goldstein, Elisha. A Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Workbook. New Harbinger, 2010.
- Teasdale, John, Williams, Mark, and Segal, Zindel. The Mindful Way Workbook: An 8-Week Program to Free Yourself from Depression and Emotional Distress. Guilford Press, 2014.
- Williams, Mark, Teasdale, John, Segal, Zindel, and Kabat-Zinn, Jon. The Mindful Way through Depression: Freeing Yourself from Chronic Unhappiness. Guilford Press, 2007.
- Germer, Christopher. The Mindful Path to Self-Compassion: Freeing Yourself from Destructive Thoughts and Emotions. Guilford Press, 2009.
- Gilbert, Paul. The Compassionate Mind: A New Approach to Life’s Challenges. New Harbinger, 2010.
- Gilbert, Paul, and Choden. Mindful Compassion: How the Science of Compassion Can Help You Understand Your Emotions, Live in the Present, and Connect Deeply with Others. New Harbinger, 2014.
- Henderson, Lynne. The Compassionate-Mind Guide to Building Social Confidence: Using Compassion-Focused Therapy to Overcome Shyness and Social Anxiety. New Harbinger, 2011.
- Neff, Kristin. Self-Compassion: The Proven Power of Being Kind to Yourself. William Morrow Paperbacks, 2015.
- Salzberg, Sharon. Loving Kindness: The Revolutionary Art of Happiness. Shambhala, 2005.
- Salzberg, Sharon. The Kindness Handbook. Sounds True, 2015.
- Tirch, Dennis. The Compassionate-Mind Guide to Overcoming Anxiety: Using Compassion-Focused Therapy to Calm Worry, Panic, and Fear. New Harbinger, 2012.
Other Relevant Books
- Brown, Brené. The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You’re Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are. Hazelden, 2010.
- Brown, Brené. Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead. Avery, 2012.
- Frankl, Viktor. Man’s Search for Meaning. Beacon Press, 1959.
- Harris, Russ. The Happiness Trap: How to Stop Struggling and Start Living. Trumpeter Books, 2008.
- Harris, Russ. The Confidence Gap: A Guide to Overcoming Fear and Self-Doubt. Trumpeter Books, 2011.
- Russ. The Reality Slap: Finding Peace and Fulfillment When Life Hurts. New Harbinger, 2012.
- Hayes, Steven, and Smith, Spencer. Get Out of Your Mind and into Your Life: The New Acceptance and Commitment Therapy. New Harbinger, 2005.
- Matthew, Forsyth, John, and Eifert, Georg. Your Life on Purpose: How to Find What Matters and Create the Life You Want. New Harbinger, 2010.
- Melton, Glennon Doyle. Carry On, Warrior: The Power of Embracing Your Messy, Beautiful Life. Scribner, 2014.